Want to better understand black history? This comprehensive, straight-forward guide traces the African American journey, from Africa and the slave trade through the Civil War, Jim Crow, and the new millennium. You'll be an eyewitness to the pivotal events that impacted America's past, present, and future - and meet the inspiring leaders who struggled to bring about change.
- How Africans came to America
- Black life before – and after – Civil Rights
- How slaves fought to be free
- The evolution of African American culture
- Great accomplishments by black citizens
- What it means to be black in America today